Last updated: maaliskuu 5, 2019
Suomen Biohiiliyhdistys SBY ry (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Suomen Biohiiliyhdistys website (the “Service”).
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Organization collects the following data:
- Data provided by the user, such as personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Data collected from public sources
- Data derived through analytics
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Organization with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Order newsletter, fill some of the forms on our website such as: event registration form, contact form or membership registration form
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey, provide feedback or comment on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our Organization may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Facebook, Google, Twitter, Gravatar
How will we use your data?
Our Organization collects your data so that we can:
- Process your membership application, order and manage your account.
- Contact you about your membership or order
- Send you information and newsletters related to Our Organization, your membership and information related to other products and services we think you might like.
When Our Organization processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Our Organization securely stores your personal data in the membership database which is a password protected excel file. All board members of the Suomen Biohiiliyhdistys SBY ry have access and are responsible for keeping the information safe and password-protected. The database is updated by the secretary at least once a month and old information (e.g. former members’ information) is deleted within six months after the membership has ended. If the members of the association have any questions about data collection, please do not hesitate to contact us or any of our board members. The data will be permanently deleted from the membership database and once deleted, the information cannot be restored.
Our Organization sends newsletters through e-mail and we would also like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our business members. List of our business members is available at the bottom of our front page.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Organization from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your data protection rights?
Our Organization would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Organization for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Organization correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Organization to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Organization erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Organization restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Organization’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Organization transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Organization uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Organization uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Organization sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Organization has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact:
The Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman:
Visiting address: Ratapihantie 9, 6th floor, 00520 Helsinki,
Postal address: P.O. Box 800, 00521 Helsinki, Finland
Telephone: +358 (0)2956 66700 (switchboard)